Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – October 2020
23 October 2020
Music Awards of Nagaland announced the winners of 12th Music Awards of Nagaland 2020
The winners of different categories are listed below:
|2)||Gospel (Hindi/Local)||Prakash Bharati||Mitho Sambandha|
|3)||Best Sound Engineer||Ina||Wild love feat Virie|
|5)||Pop (Hindi/Local Dialects)||5 minutes Band||Udaan (A fight)|
|6)||Pop(Duo/ Group)||Trance Effect||Clowns|
|8)||EDM||Run Monday Run||Zongza|
|10)||Folk Fusion||Alika K Achumi||Imaginary Ocean|
|11)||Song of the Year||ZT Slingshot||Nimok Power|
|12)||Best Music Video||Psycho K4||Hybrid|
|13)||Best Upcoming Artiste||Rylo X Azzer||All of my love|
|14)||Lyricist||Prodg’s (Echognize x Anonymous J)||Paigham (A message)|
|15)||Best Producer VI-LO||Sunep A Jamir||Edge|
|16)||Best Video Director||Kohdi Jings||A heavenly home. Oh hi ho|
The award ceremony was streamed live on the Music Awards of Nagaland Youtube channel on October 23, 2020. Watch the video here (Link).
The panel of judges included:
- Vesato Theluo – Conductor, composer and arranger,
- Arenla Subong – front lady of Abiogenesis and
- Moanungsang – Singer, songwriter, composer and mentor.
- Bollywood Director Shiraz Henry was the judge for the Best Music Video category.
23 October 2020
Nagaland allocated Rs.114.09 Crore under Jal Jeevan Mission(JJM) during 2020-21
As per Press Release posted by Ministry of Jal Shakti on 23 October 2020 after Mid-term review of Nagaland on the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission, Rs 114.09 crore have been allotted to Nagaland under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) during 2020-21. Out of this, a sum of Rs 28.52 crore has been already released to the State, informed the release from the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
Source: Press Release (pib.gov.in)
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
Union Government’s flagship programme, Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) is under implementation in partnership with States with the objective of ensuring potable water supply in adequate quantity and of prescribed quality to every rural household on regular and long-term basis.
Read: Jal Jeevan Mission Transforms Remote Villages Of Nagaland
30 October 2020
Nagaland at the bottom among best-governed states in India
- Nagaland came 8th out of 11 small states in the Small States category with a negative Public Affair Index 2020 (PAI) of negative 0.117.
- Meghalaya was adjudged as the second best-governed state in India in the Small States Category, with a Public Affair Index 2020 (PAI) of 0.797 after Goa (1.745) which topped the list.
- The overall Small States Category in India has been adjudged based on the Public Affair Index 2020 (PAI) of the Public Affair Centre (PAC), which is an annual ranking of the states of India on governance performance. The governance performance is analyzed in the context of “sustainable development” defined by 3 pillars – Equity, Growth and Sustainability; 5 Themes; 13 SDGs and 50 indicators.
- According to the PAC report, the worst performers who scored negative points are Mizoram (-0.055) Nagaland (-0.116) followed by Uttarakhand (-0.277), Delhi (-0.289) and Manipur (-0.363).
- Among the bigger states, Kerala was the best-governed State while Uttar Pradesh ranked the last in 2019 among large States, according to the recently released Public Affairs Index 2020.
Public Affairs Index 2020 Press Release here.
Public Affairs Index 2020 Full Report here