Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – February 2023
10 February 2023: BJP candidate elected unopposed -Nagaland Assembly Election 2023
- Kazheto Kinimi, BJP candidate from 31- Akuluto assembly constituency in Nagaland won the Nagaland Assembly Election 2023 unopposed / uncontested for a second term.
— Yanthungo Patton (@YanthungoPatton) February 10, 2023
10 February 2023: Four women candidates contesting in the Nagaland Assembly Election 2023
There are four women candidates in the fray for the Nagaland assembly elections 2023.
- Two women candidates from NDPP, one women candidate from BJP and one women candidate from Congress.
- Hekani Jakhalu – NDPP – Dimapur III (ST) under Dimapur District
- Salhoutuonuo Kruse – NDPP – Western Angami (ST) under Kohima District
- Kahuli Sema – BJP – Atoizu (ST) under Zünheboto District
- Rosy Thomson– Congress – Tening (ST) under Peren District
15 February 2023 : La. Ganesan appointed as new Governor of Nagaland state
Former Manipur Governor, La. Ganesan appointed as new Governor of Nagaland state
The governor of Nagaland is the head of state of Nagaland and the representative of the President of India in the state.
See here for List of Governors of Nagaland
16 February 2023 : List of all candidates Nagaland Legislative Assembly election 2023
Click here to see the full list of all candidates contesting in the Nagaland Legislative Assembly election 2023.
20 February 2023: Nagaland Assembly Election 2023 updates
- How many political parties are contesting in the Nagaland Assembly Election 2023 : 12 (twelve)
- Total candidates contesting in the Nagaland Assembly Election 2023: 184
- Total independent candidates contesting: 19
- Elected unopposed: 1 (BJP, 31 A/C Akuloto)
- Party with the most candidates: NDPP with 40 condidates, followed by INC with 23 candidates, NPF with 22 candidates, BJP with 20 candidates.
27 February 2023: Nagaland voter turnout 83.35% tentative
- Nagaland went to polls on 27th Feb. 2023 for 59 constituencies with a tentative voter turnout of 83.36 per cent till 5 PM, according to chief electoral officer V Shashank Shekhar.
- Nagaland casted votes in 2,291 polling stations across 59 Assembly constituencies since BJP’s Kazheto Kinimi was elected unopposed from the Akuluto constituency.
28 February 2023: Re-Poll at four (4) polling stations in Nagaland
The Election Commission of India (ECI) ordered repolling at four polling stations in Nagaland’s Zunheboto, Wokha, Mon and Tuensang districts.
The repoll will be held on 1st march 2023 from 7 am to 4 pm. The four polling stations where voting will be held are:
- New Colony polling station in Zunheboto assembly segment,
- Pangti V in Sanis constituency,
- Jaboka village in Tizit constituency and
- Pathso East Wing in Thonoknyu.
The votes will be counted on March 2.