Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – November 2022
01 November 2022: ABAM celebrates 150 years of Christianity in the Naga Hills at Impur
- The Ao Baptist Arogo Mungdang (ABAM) celebrate 150 years of Christianity in the Naga Hills at Impur, Mokokchung.
- The Aos were the first Naga tribe to embrace Christianity among the Nagas.
- The first church in Naga soil was established in 1872 at Molungkimong village by Rev. E. W. Clark.
02 November 2022: President Droupadi Murmu arrived in Nagaland on a two-day official visit
- President Droupadi Murmu arrived in Nagaland’s capital Kohima on a two-day official visit to the northeastern state.
- The state government arranged a public reception for the President at the Capital Cultural Hall, Kohima, where she virtually inaugurated 60 projects including newly constructed government schools, PMGSY roads, Eklavya Model schools and Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas.
- The President also scheduled to pay homage to the historic World War II cemetery and visit Kigwema, one of the oldest villages of the Angami tribe. The President will then leave for Mizoram.
Governor of Nagaland, Prof. Jagdish Mukhi and Chief Minister, Shri Neiphiu Rio received President Droupadi Murmu on her arrival at Kohima. The President was accorded a guard of honour on her first visit to Nagaland. pic.twitter.com/XYLHb5Ck7X
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) November 2, 2022
02 November 2022: Three farmer producer companies (FPC) from Nagaland received Horticulture Value Chain Award 2022
- Three farmer producer companies (FPC) from Nagaland were awarded the Horticulture Value Chain Award 2022 for their contribution towards the farming community.
- The FPCs are: (1) Molsang Organic Pineapple Producer Company Limited, (2) Phek Organic Large Cardamom Producer Company Limited and (3) Chansu Organic Kiwi Producer Company Limited.
- The FPCs were awarded during a two-day programme on ‘Expansion of Horticulture Value Chain in India – Potential and Opportunities’ held on November 1 and 2 at National Institute of Cooperative Management, Pune, India.
- As per DIPR news report, the FPCs are supported by Department of Horticulture under the Mission- Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER) scheme.
17 November 2022: Nagaland Medal Tally in 2nd North East Olympics
- Manipur (defending champions) came in the 1st place in the 2nd Edition of North East Olympics 2022 held at Shillong, Meghalaya, followed by Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Nagaland came in 5th with a total of 78 medals ( 18 gold medals, 17 silver medals, and 43 bronze medals).
- Niansai T won Under-20 girls best athlete award and Neiketoulie Belho won men’s best athlete award.
- Nagaland will host the 3rd edition of the Northeast Olympic Games.