01 August 2021: Eight Industrial Training Institutes in Nagaland
As of August 2021, there are 8 (eight) Industrial Training Institutes in Nagaland which are imparting training in 20 trades (13 Engineering and 7 Non-engineering). The minimum qualification required for a candidate to undergo training in ITI is class-VIII pass and should be above 14 years of age. Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) functions under Directorate of Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt. of Nagaland.
List of Industrial Training Institutes in Nagaland:
- Govt. ITI Kohima
- Govt. Women ITI Dimapur
- Govt. ITI Mon
- Govt. ITI Wokha
- Govt. ITI Mokokchung
- Govt. ITI Tuensang
- Govt. ITI Phek
- Govt. ITI Zunheboto
06 August 2021: Clinical Psychologist from Nagaland receives Young Achievers Award from National Health Conclave (NHC)
- Clinical Psychologist Imlibenla Mongro from Christian Institute of Health Services & Research (CIHSR), Dimapur received the Young Achievers Award in Female Category for excellence in healthcare during the 3rd National Health Conclave (NHC) at New Delhi on 6 August 2021.
- The national award on this category was given for contribution in the field of mental health in terms of outstanding service, research or advocacy for the upliftment of person’s with psychiatric illness.
- The ceremony was organized under the theme, ‘Mental health- From Distress to Wellness by Association of Healthcare Providers (AHPI) and Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI).
- She holds a double master degree in clinical psychology and her area of interest lies in research and statistics, Neuropsychology, cognitive rehabilitation and psychotherapy.
15 August 2021: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio released a special cover of India Post on Naga Mircha (Raja Mircha)
Nagaland Chief Minister released a special cover of India Post on 15 August 2021 depicting Naga Mircha (Raja Mircha), a GI tagged product of Nagaland. Nagaland has three active GI tagged products of Nagaland which includes, Naga Mircha, Chakhesang Shawl and Naga Tree Tomato.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio announced the release on Twitter about the release of the special cover of India Post on 15 August 2021 depicting Naga Mircha (Raja Mircha).
Earlier on 28 July 2021, a consignment of ‘Naga Mircha’ was exported to London for the first time via Guwahati. The consignment was sourced from Tening in Nagaland’s Peren district and was packed at the Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in collaboration with the Nagaland State Agricultural Marketing Board (NSAMB).
The ruling government in Nagaland People’s Democratic Alliance (PDA) and opposition party Naga People’s Front (NPF) inked a resolution to form an opposition-less government by the name ‘Nagaland united government (NUG)’ alliance, on the pretext of the Naga political issue to facilitate the “Naga political Issue” towards achieving inclusive, acceptable and honorable solution.
The resolution to form the opposition-less government was signed by Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio, deputy chief minister Y Patton, NDPP president Chingwang Konyak, BJP president Temjen Imna Along, NPF president Dr Shürhozelie Liezietsu, Leader of Opposition TR Zeliang, minister G Kaito Aye, minister Neiba Kronu, minister S Pangnyu Phom, minister P Paiwang, MLA Chotizuh Sazo and MLA Imkong L Imchen.
Tribal Meal Express, Nagaland’s online food delivery app founded by Imsunungsang and Lipoksasong Longkumer was launched at YouthNet Office on 28th August 2021 by Director, YouthNet. The service is presently only available in Dimapur Nagaland with plans for further expansion in other areas.
28 August 2021: India Post released special cover (envelope) depicting GI tagged Naga Chakhesang shawl
A special cover (envelope) depicting Naga Chakhesang shawl, a geographical indication (GI) tagged traditional product of Nagaland, was released on 28 August 2021 at Dimapur.
- 2000 special covers were printed and added that there would be no other print edition.
- Earlier, Nagaland Chief Minister of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio, released a special cover on Raja Mircha (King chilli) on 15 August 2021. Raja Mircha (King chilli) is also a GI tagged product of Nagaland.
- A copy of the special cover would be put on display in the Philatelic Museum in New Delhi and copies would be sold all over India.
31 August 2021: 32362 beneficiaries registered with Nagaland Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board (NBOCWWB)
As of 31 August 2021, a total of 32, 362 beneficiaries are registered with Nagaland Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board (NBOCWWB). Out of the total, 18517 are male and 13845 are female. Maximum no. of beneficiaries registered is from Kohima (7996) followed by Dimapur (5130).
The Nagaland Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board provides social security to the Building and other Construction workers and their families by implementing different welfare schemes. In June 2021, Nagaland Government approved transfer of 2,000 rupees each to the bank accounts of all the Building and Other Construction Workers.
The Central Government enacted two legislations for the welfare of constructions workers namely – The Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996 and the Building and other Construction workers Welfare Cess Act, 1996. The State Government constituted the Nagaland Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board under Section 18 of the BOCW (RECS) Act, 1996, for registration of construction workers in the State and to provide social security to the registered workers and their families.
31 August 2021: Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio inaugurated the Langto Tea Industry in Tizit, Mon district
Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio inaugurated the Langto Tea Industry in Mon district on 31 August 2021.
Langto Tea Industry is located at Sangsa Village, Tizit in Mon district of Nagaland.