Nagaland Current Affairs in brief.
02 January 2022: Avor Theünuo from Nagaland won Gold at Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) India Open for Submission Wrestling/Grappling
Avor Theünuo from Nagaland won Gold at the Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) India Open for Submission Wrestling/Grappling in the 77kg category.
03 January 2022: COVID-19 vaccination for 15 to 18 years age group launched in Nagaland
Along with the rest of the country, Nagaland Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Shri S.Pangnyu Phom officially launched the COVID-19 vaccination for 15 to 18 years age group from District Hospital Dimapur.
07 January 2022: Mon District (Nagaland) received National Award for e-Governance(Silver)
Mon District of Nagaland received National Award for e-Governance(Silver) at 24th National conference on e- Governance for use of ICT in the management of COVID-19.
Mon District received National Award for e-Governance(Silver) at 24th National conference on e- Governance for use of ICT in the management of COVID-19. Thanks to @DEO_MonDistrict for leading district to the award !#Nagaland.@thava1862 @vineet_ias @MyGovNagaland pic.twitter.com/3dF0pB1XS8
— ADC Naginimora (@ANaginimora) January 7, 2022
07 January 2022: Keneilelie Soriünuo from Nagaland won Silver Medal at Mr. India National Bodybuilding Championships 2022
Body Builder Keneilelie Soriünuo from Nagaland won Silver Medal at Mr. India National Bodybuilding Championships 2022 in the Men’s Athletic Category.
Keneilelie Soriünuo makes #Nagaland shine by winning Silver at Mr. India National Bodybuilding Championships 2022 in the Athletic/Classic Category.
Congratulations and WellDone.
Best wishes in all your future endeavours.
Continue to do us proud. pic.twitter.com/Ez5tw5FodQ
— abu metha (@abumetha) January 7, 2022
10 January 2022: New district Tseminyu welcomes its first Deputy Commissioner and first Superintendent of Police
The Civic Reception of the first Deputy Commissioner & Superintendent of Police of Tseminyu was held today at the Rengma Sports Association (RSA) Ground on 10 January 2022.
- The first Deputy Commissioner of Tseminyu is Dr. Zasekuolie Chusi (IAS), formerly Additional Secretary Home, Govt. of Nagaland.
- The first Superintendent of Police, Tseminyu, is Kanchan Kandpal Kumar (IPS), formerly SDPO Tuensang.
19 January 2022: Cabinet approves creation of Shamator District
Cabinet approves creation of Shamator District. As per the official post on Social Media, understanding was reached between Yimkhiung Tribal Council (YTC) and Tikhir Tribal Council (TTC) for recognition of Tikhir as a separate Naga Tribe.
— MyGov Nagaland (@MyGovNagaland) January 19, 2022
20 January 2022: Shamator Sub-Division under Tuensang District upgraded to Shamator District
- Shamator is the 16th district of Nagaland notified on 20th January 2022. Shamator district was notified a district vide Home Department, Govt. of Nagaland Notification No. GAB-I/COM/DIST.ADMIN/2019(Pt.-1) dated 20.01.2022.
- Shamator was earlier a sub-division under Tuensang district. Shamator district was created by carving out Shamator Sub-division, Chessore Sub-division, some other administrative areas under Tuensang District and some more areas under Kiphire District.
- As per the Govt. notification the Shamator District areas comprises of:
(i) Existing administrative area of Shamator Sub-division under Tuensang District.
(ii) Existing administrative area of Chessore Sub-division, including Mangko EAC Circle, under Tuensang District
(iii) Administrative area of Sotokur EAC Circle under Tuensang District, excluding Chingmelen, Helipong and Sipongsang villages.
(iv) Tsurungto EAC Circle under Shamator Sub-division, and it shall also include Hutanger, Anatongre, Pungrungru, Nutsu, Maihpok and Tsuthu, villages; under Kiphire District, which stand transferred to Tsurungto EAC Circle.
Official Notification on creation of Shamator district:
— MyGov Nagaland (@MyGovNagaland) January 20, 2022
20 January 2022: Nagaland Govt. recognizes Tikhir as a separate Naga Tribe
Nagaland Govt. recognizes Tikhir as a separate Naga Tribe as per official notification from Chief Secretary, GoN on 20 January 2022 vide notification NO. HOME/SCST-30/TIKHIR/2022 dtd. 20/01/2022. This is issued with the approval of the Cabinet conveyed vide letter no CAB-2/2013 dated 20th January 2022 of Cabinet Secretariat (Cabinet Cell) the notification mentioned.
With this, there are now 17 recognized Naga tribes in Nagaland.
— MyGov Nagaland (@MyGovNagaland) January 20, 2022
25 January 2022: One from Nagaland selected for Padma Shri Award 2022
Padma Awards 2022 list has been announced by Ministry of Home Affairs.
One from Nagaland, Shri T Senka Ao has been selected for Padma Shri Award 2022 in the field of Literature and Education from the state of Nagaland.
In 2022, the President has approved conferment of 128 Padma Awards. The list of Padma Awards 2022 comprises of 4 Padma Vibhushan, 17 Padma Bhushan and 107 Padma Shri Awards. 34 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 10 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 13 Posthumous awardees.
The Padma Awards are civilian awards of the Republic of India. The awards are conferred by the President of India at ceremonial functions which are held at Rashtrapati Bhawan usually around March/ April every year.
Click here to view full List of Bharat Ratna and Padma Awards recipients from Nagaland till date.
Padma Awards 2022 Announced – See full list here.
26 January 2022: Two police officers from Nagaland receive President’s Awards on Republic Day 2022
Two police officers from Nagaland received President’s awards on the 73rd Republic Day programme on January 26.
- Shri Rothihu Tetseo, IPS, Commissioner of Police Dimapur, is awarded the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPMDS).
- Shri Rankathung Vikram Ezung, AIGP (OPS), Kohima, Nagaland, is awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PMMS).
A total of 39 cops from the eight Northeast states will receive police medals on Republic Day. The tally from the North Eastern States is as follows:
Assam (14), Tripura (7), Manipur (6), Mizoram (4), Arunachal Pradesh (3), Sikkim (2), Nagaland (2) and Meghalaya (1).
Governor’s Commendation Certificate Award
The following are the recipients of the Governor’s Commendation Certificate Award:-
1. Bendangtemsu, Forest Range Officer Kiphire
2. Imtimeren, NPS, Addl. S.P. Mokokchung
3. S.I. Aren, Retired Agriculture Inspector, Longkhum Village.
4. Neitho-o Kuotsu, Jt. Director, Directorate of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources.
5. Thrioli R. Abraham, ASI, INT (SB), Kiphire.
6. Isilong Hau, UBC, DEF, Kohima
7. Khonthungo Lotha, Deputy Secretary, Health & Family Welfare
8. T. Leimnon Konyak, Section Officer, Agriculture Deptt. Nagaland Civil Sectt
9. Menuokholie Kire, Jt. Director & State Project Director (RUSA), Directorate of Higher Education, Nagaland
10. Meyasashi, Dy. Director, Directorate of Horticulture, Nagaland
11. Rendemo Shitio, Asst. Manager (Response & Communication) NSDMA
12. Er. Medoseho Sothu, Sr. Computer Programmer, PIMS, P&AR Department
13. Hoinneineng Singson, Asst. Planning Officer, Planning & Coordination Department
14. P. Pathon, LDA, District Election Office, Mon
15. Kuthran Yimkhiung, Driver Transport Department, Special Pool
Governor’s Gold Medal
The following have been awarded on the occasion of Republic Day for Governor’s Gold Medal:
1. Vineet Kumar, IAS, ADC, Naginimora, Mon.
2. Manoj Kumar A, IPS, S.P (Crime), PHQ.
3. Vishika Achumi, ABSI, In-charge, SOT, Dimapur
4. Dr Anungla Aier, Chairman, Anthropological Society of Nagaland.
Best performing hospitals under AB-PMJAY for the year 2021 presented on the occasion of Republic Day, 2022 under the following categories were:
- District Hospital (DH): District Hospital, Mon
- Community Health Centre (CHC): Community Health Centre (CHC), Noklak
- Primary Health Centre (PHC): Primary Health Centre (PHC), Mopong, Mon
- Private Hospital: House of Hope, Tuensang
AB-PMJAY : Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
29 January 2022: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio inaugurated Nagaland Olympic Association (NOA) office complex in Kohima
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio inaugurated a six-storey office complex of the Nagaland Olympic Association (NOA) adjacent to the State Indoor Stadium in Kohima on 29 Jan. 2022. As per media reports, the Nagaland Olympic Association building will host 22 sports associations affiliated with the NOA.