Nagaland Current Affairs Digest: November 2018. Current Affairs in brief.
1 November 2018: First Ranji Cricket for Nagaland
- Nagaland hosts its first ever Ranji trophy at Nagaland Cricket Stadium, Sovima, Dimapur, Nagaland.
- Nagaland also made its debut Ranji Trophy Cricket Tournament at Nagaland Cricket Stadium, Sovima, Dimapur, Nagaland. The first match was against Mizoram where Nagaland created history for being the first team to score 500+ runs in a debut Ranji Trophy match. Manager of Nagaland Cricket Association team representing Nagaland in its first debut Ranji Trophy : A Rahman.
4 November 2018: Swasth Bharat Yatra
- “Swasth Bharat Yatra”, a pan-India cycle rally campaign reached Nagaland on 4th November 2018. The theme of the campaign – “Eat Right India”. The campaign is led by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
8 November 2018: Amur Falcon Conservation Week and Festivals
- PB Acharya, Governor of Nagaland inaugurated the three days Amur Falcon Conservation Week and Festivals held at Ashaa village Polytechnic Institute on Thursday, 8th November 2018. The three-day conservation week from November 8-10 is organized by the Department of Tourism and Department of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
9 November 2018: First full-fledged cabinet meeting outside Kohima
- First full-fledged cabinet meeting outside Kohima was held in Kiphire on 9th November 2018 as part of the PDA coaliation government to take governance and administration to all corners of the state. Union Minister of State for Home, Kiren Rijiju was a special invitee in the meet.
23-24 November 2018: Nagaland gets tech award
- Nagaland was awarded “Indian Express Technology Award” under Enterprise Applications, at the North East Technology Sabha, held in Guwahati on November 23 and 24 for “CM Dashboard, online GPF and Aadhaar based biometric system”.
26 November 2018: Nagaland launched Tourist Police
- Nagaland Tourist Police launched on 26 November 2018 by Shri. Neiphiu Rio, Chief Minister of Nagaland at PHQ, Kohima
- Nagaland is the second North-eastern state to launch tourist police after Arunachal Pradesh.