Nagaland Current Affairs Digest Feb 2019
Current Affairs on Nagaland in brief
25 February 2019: Nagaland budget 2019-2020
- On 25th February 2019, Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio presented a budget with deficit of Rs 1,661.68 crore, for the year 2019-2020.
- Total gross receipt of Rs 17,604.48 crore and a total gross expenditure of Rs 18,012.73 crore for the financial year 2019-2020.
- Negative opening balance of Rs 1661.68 crore. The current year’s transaction was estimated to result in a positive balance of Rs 49.70 crore. Estimated to close with a negative balance of Rs 1611.98 crore.
22 February 2019: Nagaland gets its first First Lokayukta of Nagaland
- On 22nd February 2019, Justice Uma Nath Singh took the oath as the first lokayukta of Nagaland. He was formerly the Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court. His tenure would last for a period of 5 years or until he turns 70, whichever occurs earlier.
- The oath was administered by Governor of Nagaland, Shri. P.B Acharya at Raj Bhavan.