Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – January 2020
1 January 2020: Neiphiu Rio’s mother Kevilhouü Rio passed away at 91
- Kevilhouü Rio (27.12.1928 – 01.01.2020) mother of Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio and Zhaleo Rio (Advisor Sericulture, Excise and Minority Affairs) passed away on 1 January 2020 at Okying Hospital, Kohima after prolonged illness. She was 91.
1 January 2020: Nagaland declared ‘disturbed area’, AFPSA extended for 6 months (January to June 2020)
- MHA declared entire state of Nagaland as ‘disturbed area’ and AFPSA extended for another 6 months till 30 June 2020 w.e.f. 30 December 2019.
25 January 2020: K. Chumseli Sangtam from Kiphire awarded the best National level participation award at National Declamation Contest 2020.
- K Chumseli Sangtam awarded the best National level participation award at National Declamation Contest, on Patriotism and Nation building.
- He received the award from Kiren Rijiju, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Minister of State,Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- The programme was held in New Delhi under the theme – ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’ organized by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Government of India.
- He represented the state of Nagaland. Sangtam was a winner of both District and State Level Declamation contest organized by NYKS.
30 January 2020: Nagaland State Transport (NST) wins Road Safety Award
- The Nagaland State Transport (NST) has won the Road Safety Award 2018-2019, for the lowest rate of accident.
- The award is given by the Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (ASRTU), New Delhi.
- According to media reports, the award will be presented at the International Conference and Exhibition on Public Transport Innovation (ICEPTI) 2019 to be held at Manekshaw centre, New Delhi from January 30-31, 2020.