2 January 2019:
- Ranji Trophy 2018-2019 : Nagaland won by an innings and 120 runs against Arunachal Pradesh, during Round 8 (Plate Group) played at Nagaland Cricket Stadium, Sovima, Dimapur scheduled from December 30, 2018 – January 2, 2012. Nagaland Skipper Rongsen Jonathan, who is the first Naga cricketer to score a century in first-class cricket against Bihar in earlier match in the same Ranji Trophy, he repeated the feat in the team’s emphatic win over Arunachal Pradesh on January 1. Jonathan scored 131 runs off just 107 balls, hitting 10 six’s and 6 four’s in the process and was declared the man of the match.
3 January 2019:
- An amount of Rs.23.50 crore sanctioned for construction of a Regional Convention Centre at North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC) Complex, Dimapur as per information provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
25 January 2019
- Nagaland State Transport (NST) department to introduce Mokokchung City Bus Service from January 26 onwards.
- Dr Manazir Jeelani Samoon, Deputy Commissioner & District Election Officer Wokha awarded the National Award for ‘Best Electoral Practices & Innovative Measures’ during the conduct of the Elections to 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly 2018 from the President of India Ram Nath Kovind at National Function of National Voters’ Day, NVD, New Delhi on January 25.
26 January 2019:
- Naga Students’ Federation (NSF) boycott the Indian Republic Day celebration to express resentment to the Government of India over the passing of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016. The boycot was supported by more student bodies including Eastern Nagaland College Students’ Union (ENCSU), Chakhesang Students’ Union (CSU), Zeliangrong Students’ Union Nagaland (ZSUN) and Diphupar Naga Students’ Union (DNSU).
- Two Naga defence personnel– Wing Commander S Akheto Jakhalu and Major Imliakum Keitzar receives gallantry award for their respective services to the nation on the occasion of Republic Day 2019 from the President.
Wing Commander S Akheto Jakhalu – Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM)
Major Imliakum Keitzar – Shaurya Chakra
- 70th Republic day for India: Chief Guest: Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa.
Theme: 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
For the first time, a lady officer led an all male contingent at Republic day parade, as Lieutenant Bhavana Kasturi led the all-male Army Services Corps.
Ashok Chakra, the highest peace time gallantry award was given to Nazir Ahmad Wani, the first martyr from Kashmir to receive. K-9 Vajra tanks and M777 howitzers displayed for the first time this year.
29 January 2019
- BJP North East allies oppose the Citizenship (Amendment) bill 2016 during a meeting on 29 January 2019 in Guwahati. The meeting was attended by NPP, NDPP,MNF,JD(U)AND AGP, UNITED DEMOCRATIC PARTY, PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC FRONT, HILL STATE PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY and Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement, NPF and Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura.
- NSCN/GPRN(K) formally joins the Naga National Political Groups(NNPG)’s Working Committee (WC) led by its President, Lt.Gen.(retd)Khango Konyak and Gen.Secy.(retd)Isak Sumi.
- On 29th January 2019, Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio inaugurated first Astro Turf Football ground of the State at Indira Gandhi Stadium in Kohima, Nagaland.
- Key Highlights:
i. The pitch was inaugurated on the occasion of 100th birth anniversary of the legendary footballer Dr. T. Ao.
ii. The state government also planned to partner with Bhaichung Bhutia Football schools for a game development plan. It will begin with young-footballers in which under-16 footballers all over the state will receive an opportunity to be part of this program.
iii. The Astro Turf has size of 105×66 metres for playground which is FIFA approved size. An exhibition match was also played between Chief Minister XI and Chief Secretary XI.
- Key Highlights: