Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – August 2020
06 August 2020
- The first Deputy Commissioner of Noklak is Reny Wilfred, and the first Superintendent of Police of Noklak is Dr.Pritpal Kaur Batra.
- Noklak is the youngest and the 12th district of Nagaland created on 21 December 2017.
Noklak was previously a sub-division under Tuensang district.
- Noklak is the third district to be bifurcated out of Tuensang district after Kiphire and Longleng districts, which were also carved out of Tuensang in 2004.
13 August 2020
MLA, Mmhonlumo Kikon Among 50 Best Legislators in India
- Shri Mmhonlumo Kikon (MLA & Advisor IT, Science & Technology, NRE) was selected as “Best Artistic MLA of India” in a survey conducted by the Fame India-Asia Post for top 50 MLAs in India in various categories. Apart from Shri. Mmhonlumo Kikon, three other MLA from North-East were also featured on the list: – Mrinal Shaikia, (Assam); Ojing Tasing (Arunachal Pradesh) and Aditya Golay Tamang (Sikkim).
15 August 2020
List of award recipients of Nagaland on Independence Day 2020
Governor’s Award 2020 in the field of Arts:
Buddhi Bahadur Thapa, Bendangnungsang Ao and Kekhrielezo Stephen Mark Medom
Governor’s Award 2020 in the field of Music:
The Squadron Band
Award of Governor’s Gold Medal.
- Shanavas C, principal director, Directorate of School Education,
- S. Khetoshe Sumi, Havildar, DEF Dimapur
- Rattle & Hum Music Society (RHMS),Kohima
Governor’s Commendation Certificate
- B.Nellayappan, Assistant director, Directorate of School Education, Nagaland
- Dr. Naieem Mustafa Mansury, DCP Zone-1, Dimapur
- Imlikokba, UBSI, DEF Mokokchung
President’s Police Medal for meritorious service
- N. Chumdamo Jamio, DIGP (IR), Police Headquarter, Nagaland
- N. Chumdamo Jamio, DIGP (IR) PHQ has been selected for Police Medal (PM) for Meritorious Service on Independence Day 2020. A total of 926 police personnel has been awarded the prestigious police medals on the occasion of Independence Day.
Union Ministry of Home Affairs, Best Police Station in Nagaland was awarded to Kiphire Police Station, Kiphire district.
19 August 2020
St Christopher School, Chessore Village, Nagaland wins Pallikutam National Award 2020 for innovation in education
The first ever Pallikkutam National Award for Innovation in Education instituted by Rajagiri Media was won by St Christopher School, Chessore, Village, Nagaland.
- Silver Award :DAV Public School, Haryana
- Bronze Award : CMI Christ School, Iritty in Kerala.
The awards carrying a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000/-, Rs 50,000/- and Rs 25,000/- respectively was meant to honor the education leadership for their frugal and disruptive innovations that help them to cross over the Covid-19 induced academic lockdowns and it was sponsored under the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of the Federal Bank Ltd.
The award winners were chosen by an expert jury set up by the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-K).
The Awards committee noted that Christopher School in Nagaland ensured smooth running of classes despite the limited infrastructure and resource constraints in a rural area. The school has done a great job of balancing online and offline activities relying mostly on WhatsApp. Students found the sessions enjoyable and even took part in talent and literary competitions.
About Pallikkutam National Awards:
The Pallikkutam National Awards for Startups in Education 2020 was instituted by Rajagiri Media in association with the Kerala Startup Mission with the objective of recognising educational startups engaged in bringing about disruptive and frugal innovations in education.
Full Video of the award declaration ceremony can be viewed here ( Link).