Nagaland Current Affairs Digest Dec 2018 : Current Affairs in brief
1 December 2018: Nagaland celebrated 55th Statehood day
- Nagaland celebrated 55th Statehood day at Secretariat Plaza, Kohima, Nagaland. For the first time, Indian Air Force participate in the statehood celebrations with para-jumps display, and three Aircraft Sukhoi 30 fighter flew past Kisama / Kohima in formation.
- Nagaland was inaugurated as the 16th State of the Indian Union on December 1, 1963 by Dr. Sarvapelli Radhakrishnan, the then President of India.
1 December 2018: Nagaland launches Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) – first among NE states
- Shri Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister launched Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for the State of Nagaland at Kohima on 1 December 2018 at PHQ, Kohima, Nagaland.
- Nagaland is the first amongst the North-Eastern States and the second State in India after Himachal Pradesh to launch Pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under ERSS.
- Under this project, one Emergency Response Centre (ERC) has been established in Kohima along with 3 District Command Centers (DCCs), namely Kohima, Dimapur and Mokokchung.
- The Emergency Response Centre is capable of receiving emergency calls through voice call to 112, email, panic buttons activated calls and 112 India mobile App. State of Nagaland has also integrated ERSS with Tourist Police and Highway patrol.
- The 112 App (By MHA) can be downloaded from Google Play.
9 December 2018: Mewetsho-ü Dianu crowned Miss Nagaland 2018
Twenty year old Mewetsho-ü Dianu from Phek district was crowned Miss Nagaland 2018 at the Miss Nagaland Beauty Pageant 2018 at RCEMPA, Jotsoma as part of Hornbill festival. She also bagged Miss Perfect 10 – Height: 5’5″ and vital stats: 33-26-38.
- Miss Nagaland 2018: Mewetsho-ü Dianu, 20 years old, from Phek
- 1st Runners Up: Grace W Ezung, 23 years old, from Wokha
- 2nd Runners Up: Bendangkokla, 20 years, from Mokokchung
- A total of 11 contestants vied for the coveted title.
- The event was held under the aegis of Beauty & Aesthetic Society of Nagaland (BASN).
- Nagaland’s governor P.B. Acharya was the guest of honour and Koyal Rana, Miss World Asia 2014 was the guest judge.
Other Title Winners:
• Miss Talent- Neingainem Kuki
• Miss Photogenic- Aka Achumi
• Queen of Hearts- Vekhotolü Lohe
• Miss Empower- Tsuniholi
• Miss Multimedia- Martola and
• Best evening gown- Vekhotolii Lohe.
10 December 2018: 19th Edition of Hornbill Festival concludes
- The 19th edition of the Hornbill Festival registered a total of 2,51,701 visitors. Out of this, 2702 were foreign tourists, 37,397 domestic tourists and 2,11,602 local visitors. The previous 18th edition had registered 2,43,214 visitors. (3% increase from last year).
- The Hornbill Festival was initiated by the Government of Nagaland in the year 2000 from December 1 to 10 at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama.
- The Italian Consul General, Kolkata, Damiano Francovigh, graced the closing ceremony of the 10-day tourism extravaganza of Nagaland.
10 December 2018: Livingstone Foundation Hr. Sec. School (LFHSS), Dimapur ranked No.1 School in India for ‘Co-curricular Education’ by Education Today
Livingstone Foundation Hr. Sec. School (LFHSS), Dimapur was ranked as No.1 School in India by Education Today under the Top Day-cum-Boarding School – under the parameter ‘Co-curricular Education’ for its incredible efforts in enhancing the area of skill development of the students by incorporating numerous skill-based activities and events throughout the academic session of the school every year.
The school was also ranked at No.16 in India, No.1 in Nagaland and No.1 in Dimapur as well for its overall excellence among India’s Top 20 Day-cum-Boarding Schools.
10 December 2018: Vikhuli Achumi from Dimapur wins Naga Chef Season 6
Vikhuli Achumi from Dimapur was declared as the winner with a cash prize of three Lakh and a certificate. The top three runners up were Lipok Longkumer, Dennis Suohu, and Mhomo Ngullie.
11 December 2018: Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram, MP election results declared
Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram, MP went to polls on the following dates below and results were declared on December 11, 2018.
|States||Poll Dates||Results||Winning Party|
|Chhattisgarh||Nov 12 & Nov 20||Dec 11|
|Madhya Pradesh||Nov 28||Dec 11|
|Mizoram||Nov 28||Dec 11|
|Rajasthan||Dec 7||Dec 11|
|Telangana||Dec 7||Dec 11|
15 December 2018: Nagaland wins two National Legal Service Authority Awards
On 15 December 2018, Nagaland State Legal Services Authority(NSLSA) was awarded by National Legal Services Authority (NLSA) under the aegis of the Supreme Court for:
1) Zonal (North-East) Best State Legal Services Authority.
2) Best Zonal Para LegalVolunteer (PLV) to Tingkai Konyak from Mon district.
18 December 2018: Expenditure during Nagaland State Legislative Election 2018 a staggering Rs. 1061 crore as per report by YouthNet’s “Post Election Watch Report 2018”
As per YouthNet’s Post Election Watch report 2018, the approximate amount politicians spent in the election to 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) in 2018 is a staggering one thousand sixty one crore nine lakh and twenty five thousand rupees —Rs. 1061, 09, 25,000, which comes to around Rs. 8890 per vote for 1182948 electors. As per the report, each vote in Nagaland went at an average cost of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 while the highest average spent per household was Rs. 75,000.