Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – December 2019
1 December 2019: Annual Hornbill Festival starts
- Nagaland Government sponsored Hornbill Festival starts from 1 December. The 10 days event will end on 10th December.
- Hornbill Festival also known as the”festival of festivals” is one of the biggest cultural mega event in the country.
1 December 2019: Hornbill International Rock Contest discountinued from 2019
- Hornbill International Rock Contest was a part of the annual Hornbill festival of Nagaland for the last 15 years. It has been discontinued from 2019 and was replaced by “The Great Hornbill Rock”.
- As per the decision, the Advisor of TaFMA, Theja Meru announced that the idea was to make Hornbill Music Festival a full fledged Music Festival, keeping in line with Chief Minister’s vision of all inclusive policy and to give maximum platform and opportunity to local musicians.
27 December 2019: Snowfall in four districts of Nagaland
- Several districts of Nagaland witnessed snowfall in 26-27 December 2019. Reportedly snowfall was reported in Zunheboto, Kiphire, Tuensang, Kohima, Peren and Phek.
30 December 2019: Nagaland Legislative Assembly Speaker Vikho-o Yhoshü passed away
- Vikho-o Yhoshü ( born: 1 October 1951), Nagaland Legislative Assembly Speaker passed away on 30 December 2019 at a hospital in Mumbai. He was 68.
- State funeral to be accorded on 1 January 2019 at his official residence.
- Nagaland Government declares 3 day mourning from 30 December 2019 to 1 January 2020 in respect of the departed soul. National flag to be flown half-mast and no official entertainment during the period.
- He entered politics in 2008 general election, and elected on NPF ticket to the 11th Nagaland Legislative Assembly from 14th Southern Angami -1 constituency. Reelected in 2013 to the 12th NLA from the same constituency.