Nagaland Current Affairs in brief.
01 April 2022: Districts and Police Stations in Nagaland where AFSPA is completely / partially withdrawn
- Districts in Nagaland where AFSPA is completely withdrawn: 3 districts
Tuensang, Shamator and Tseminyu districts.
- Districts in Nagaland where AFSPA is partially withdrawn: 4 districts
Kohima, Wokha, Mokokchung and Longleng districts.
- Districts in Nagaland where AFSPA is still in force: 9 districts
Dimapur, Peren, Phek, Kiphire, Mon, Niuland, Chumoukedima, Zunheboto, Noklak.
In terms of police stations, the number of police stations in Nagaland under AFSPA / not under AFSPA are:
|1||Police Stations Not under AFSPA||15|
|2||Police Stations Under AFSPA||57|
*Total PS in Nagaland is about 80 which includes Women PS in each district and State Level PSs. However, such PS have special jurisdictions. So, they may have been omitted from the count above as they do not apply w.r.t. AFSPA.
05 April 2022: S Phangnon Konyak becomes the first woman Rajya Sabha MP from Nagaland
S Phangnon Konyak, the first woman Rajya Sabha MP from Nagaland took oath on 5th April 2022.
- S Phangnon Konyak was elected unopposed as the Rajya Sabha member from Nagaland on 31 March 2022.
- She succeeded K G Kenye whose tenure as the Rajya Sabha MP ended on 2 April 2022.
- She is the President of BJP Nagaland Mahila Morcha.
- Before her, late Rano M Shaiza was elected to the Lok Sabha in 1977. making her the first woman MP from Nagaland.
25 April 2022: Former Nagaland Governor Sankaranarayanan passes away at
Former Governor of Nagaland Kateekal Sankaranarayanan passed away at his residence in Palakkad in Kerala. He was 89. Sankaranarayanan served as Nagaland Governor from February 3, 2007 to July 27, 2009.