Note: With respect to information available on highway no., road length etc., different sources quote different figures. Readers are advise to apply your own discretion when referring to the details below. For the sake of objectivity, data from different sources are given below.
On 28 April 2010, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) officially published a new numbering system for the National Highways in the Gazette of the Government of India. The new numbering system is a systematic numbering scheme based on the orientation and the geographic location of the highway. This was adopted to ensure more flexibility and consistency in the numbering of existing and new national highways. Link to the Gazette: http://dorth.gov.in/writereaddata/sublinkimages/finaldoc6143316640.pdf
NATIONAL HIGHWAYS IN NAGALAND
Number of National Highways in Nagaland and total road length of National Highways in Nagaland as per Ministry of Road Transport and Highways data as on 31.03.2016 (Old)
- Number of National Highways running through Nagaland: 10 nos.
- NH NOs: 36, 39, 61, 129 New, 150, 155, 702 New, 702A New & 702B New, 702D (mix of old and new number system)
- Total Road Length: 1,150 Kms
LIST OF STATE-WISE NATIONAL HIGHWAYS IN THE COUNTRY AS ON 31.03.2016
Data as per Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Govt. of India (http://morth.nic.in/showfile.asp?lid=3100 , Sl. No. 21, Page No. 11)
NATIONAL HIGHWAYS IN NAGALAND (New Numbering System)
Number of National Highways in Nagaland and total road length of National Highways in Nagaland as per Ministry of Road Transport and Highways data as on 30.06.2017 (New Numbering system)
- Number of National Highways running through Nagaland: 11 nos.
- Total National Highway Road Length in Nagaland: 1,546.7 Kms
Renumbered National Highway Map of India
(To be further updated…)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Highways_in_India_by_highway_number (New)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Highways_in_India_by_old_highway_number (Old)
- Status of Highways projects under taken by NHIDCL in Nagaland