Nagaland Current Affairs Digest March 2019: Current Affairs in brief
1 March 2019: First Intensive Mithun Project in North East India implemented in Lerie Farm, Kohima
- The first Intensive Mithun Project in North East India has been implemented in Lerie Farm, Kohima by Nagaland Livestock Development Board (NLDB), under the State’s Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services (AH & Vety Services) Department.
- The Mithun project is first in India, apart from Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
2 March 2019: Google News Initiative (GNI) trains journalists in Kohima under “Covering India’s Election” theme.
- Ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Google News Initiative (GNI) in partnership with DataLeads and Internews trained journalists in Kohima.
- The bootcamp themed “PollCheck: Covering India’s Election“, is a training series to support journalists covering India’s election.
- Google is hosting the trainings across 30 cities including Kohima who will be covering the forthcoming elections.
- The bootcamp was held on March 2 at the Eastgate Hotel. The training covers: online verification and fact-checking, journalist digital safety and security, YouTube for elections coverage and data visualization for elections.
3 March 2019: YouthNet Nagaland received prestigious BrittWorldWide (BWW) Parivartan India ‘Inspire Awards 2018-19’
- YouthNet Nagaland received prestigious BrittWorldWide (BWW) Parivartan India ‘Inspire Awards 2018-19’ under Youth Empowerment Category on March 3 on the occasion of Free Enterprise Day 2019 held at Guwahati.
3 March 2019: DUDA initiates Anghya Brand
- Department of Under Developed Areas (DUDA) initiated the Anghya brand and Anghya Marketing Network, aiming to provide livelihood solution to farmers, entrepreneurs, unemployed youth of Eastern Nagaland according to the Annual Administrative Report (2018-19) of DUDA department tabled at the State Assembly session held recently.
- Retail infrastructure established in Mon, Tuensang, Longleng, Kiphire and Tseipama.
- Anghya marketing and livelihood solution has two levels of retail outlets: The Anghya super store and the main Anghya retail shops which provide facilities for storage and warehousing capacity.
8 March 2019: Founder of YouthNet, Hekani Jakhalu Kense was awarded the Nari Shakti Puruskar Award
- Founder of YouthNet, Hekani Jakhalu Kense was awarded the Nari Shakti Puruskar Award from the President of India Ram Nath Kovind at Rastrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on International Women’s day on March 8.
- Nari Shakti Puruskar is the highest civilian honour for women in India and she was among 44 women from different backgrounds honoured with the award this eyar. Hekani was the only recipient from the Northeast this year.
10 March 2019: Election Commission declares election dates for the 17th Lok Sabha elections.
- The Lok Sabha election in Nagaland to be on conducted in a single phase on 11 April 2019. The counting of votes will be on May 23, 2019.