Nagaland Current Affairs Digest – April 2020
13 April 2020: First Covid-19 case from Nagaland reported.
- A man from Dimapur, Nagaland tested positive for novel coronavirus, the first case reported from the state. It was first reported by Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. Since the test was done in Guwahati, Assam, the figure is counted in Assam’s figure.
27 April 2020: 5 northeast states declared Covid-19 free including Nagaland
- The Centre on 27th April 2020, declared five of the eight North Eastern states coronavirus free, namely, Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Tripura.
28 April 2020: High Court Orders Nagaland To Set Up COVID-19 Testing Labs In 10 Days
- The Nagaland government has been asked to set up at least two COVID-19 testing labs within 10 days by the Kohima bench of Gauhati High Court.
- Besides Nagaland, Sikkim, Lashwadeep and Daman, do not have any coronavirus positive cases. However, due to lack of testing centers and poor medical infrastructure, there has been questions on the state’s preparedness to combat coronavirus should cases are detected and increase.
28 April 2020: BSL-3 and BSL-2 Bio-Safety Laboratories being setup in Nagaland
- Bio-Safety Laboratory-3 (BSL) is being setup at Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK), while, Bio-Safety Laboratory-2 (BSL) is being setup at at Christian Institute of Health Sciences and Research (CIHSR), Dimapur.